Monday, October 15, 2012

I Made It Through Another Day's Journey...

I started writing a blog last week about my first inpatient stay.  Needless to say, it triggered so many emotions, and before I knew it...I had pummeled into a dark place, yet again!

I reached out to my Mom, who has been a God sent on this portion of my journey and she put things in perspective with one little sentence.  "Markeeda, you're going to have these days---at least it isn't EVERY DAY."  She's right, three months ago....or even a month ago....I had these dark days EVERY DAY...so as I look at how far I've come, I realize that I may not be where I want to be, but I thank God I'm not where I was.

I re-tweeted a powerful tweet the other day that pretty much summed up my sentiments in my last blog post about being understood. "I want someone that understands how much they affect my moods/emotions & takes that into consideration."

Then it hit me...While I want to be understood by everyone, there ARE people in my life that DO understand  and support me.  While I want some of the people of my past to reassure me, new people are being brought into my life to help me through this phase. While I want to heal broken family relationships, I realize that I spent 18 years being groomed for this very time.  While life isn't ALL that I want it to be, I've made it through another day's journey....and miles ahead of where I was last month, cause I'm still HERE!  #Perspective

I just want to quickly encourage someone today...that can't see their way out of the darkness---that better days are coming.  It WILL get better, just hold on, as tight as you can, and DON'T LET GO!  Don't GIVE UP!!!  I promise you, trouble doesn't last always....it WILL get better!!!!

I had to take a few days to regroup after halfway finishing the blog about my first inpatient stay, but I'll finish it this week for sure!






No comments:

Post a Comment